Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Nothing Written, Nothing Gained

Truer words were never spoken. So, what have I been doing with my own bad self? Not much. I have been focused on planning for my classes and deciding what to do with my life – after all, there is nothing like a shiftless middle aged English Teacher to repulse and repel fans, right?

My friend has been acting, see www.Tonkin.com to watch his commercial – he’s the dude with the loose tie. Just scroll down until his mug appears and then click on it. We went to college together.

You can also see him at www.youtube.com, type in No Red Ribbons.

My new one is coming out, but I have lost the love. I think it will be out at www.RedRosePublishing.com on February 27th, but I am not sure. I like this book, but promoting books is like ...is like...is like...insert simile here. It’s a Roman adventure, sometimes you lose and need to die like a Roman.

Other times, you win. When you win, you get to die like Caesar. Great choices, huh?

I heard a report today that claimed depression is at it’s most dire when men hit 44. Life satisfaction can be charted as a U. Youth rates high satisfaction, as does old age, but at the bottom of the U, the depth of depression, it bottoms out at 44.

Nice to know. Now what?

So, I am melancholy at best. Cheer me up. SpikeFremont@aol.com

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

This is the first time I've visited and I must say I laughed my ass off reading this. Now I know this was not your intent but you really brightened my day with that laugh so I'll try to return the favor and cheer YOU up. Uh...hmm...OH, I KNOW!! You ain't dead yet, your not in a rest home, and you have control of your bowels! Sometimes....I hope...whatever. By the way I LOVE YOUR WRITING!!!

SpikeFremont said...

Thanks for reading! I like the fact that you find me humorous. I think I am funny, but...

Thanks for commenting!