Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Shallow Thoughts

By the anti Jack Handy. I did watch the Republican National Convention and came away with the feeling that McCain actually as a sense of humor, albeit twisted. His choice of Palin as a running mate has forced us all to confront our xenophobic tendencies; a black President or a woman Vice President. How prejudiced are you?

I am admittedly Republican with respect to fiscal issues, but moderate in social issues. I have problems reconciling my fiscal conservativeness with my social desire to improve the quality of life of all. I am not sure who will get my vote, if I vote. I feel if I vote, that candidate has my mandate and that mandate precludes my criticism of their actions - is that naïve or just stoopid?

My writing has been limited to modeling for my students. I was a bit envious to find out my publisher is now going to print and my two shorts probably won’t be a part of the first printing due to their length. I’ve always dreamed of being in print, and it may happen yet, but not this time around.

On the upside, I have gotten into the flow at the new venue and am really loving it. Smart kids, supportive administration – it’s all good.

See ya soon!

Spike!

No comments: