Friday, October 26, 2007

Launch Party Redux

We had the launch party at Ecata Romance last night. It was pretty fun. I met a lot of people and got some great advice on promoting my books. Now I just need to keep writing and keep promoting and who knows, I might get my picture up in the Post Office when I grow up.

I signed up for National Novel Writing Month last year and they automatically signed me up this year. It’s a contest where anyone that writes 50,000 words in the month of November wins. Winners get a certificate. In the past, several winners also got print publishing contracts. I am considering trying it again this year but I am not sure if it is the best use of my time right now.

I need to find out from RedRose when my release is for “Pickup Lines from a Pickup Truck” so I can let everyone know. Several people at the launch party told me that they heard it was funny and cute, so hopefully I will sell a few copies.

Spike

No comments: