Thursday, November 8, 2007

Oops, I forgot!

It has come to my attention that I have not been actively promoting my book, which was the main reason I started this Blog in the first place.

Oops, my bad.

I started writing about fifteen years ago, not for publication, just for shits and grins. I read Mike Shayne, Alfred Hitchcock and Ellery Queen magazines as a kid. I always read the shortest stories first because my attention span was short. But, by the end of the month, I had read all the stories but the novelette, which was 25-45 pages long. I reluctantly read it because the next magazine wasn’t due for a week or two and inevitably, I had read the mag cover to cover before the new one came.

These experiences motivated me to write “Pickup Lines from a Pickup Truck” and “A Slice of Life,” and the unfinished novel and the unfinished memoir. They have informed my writing style, my choice of subject matter and ultimately, who I am as a writer –whoever that may be, it is still a work in progress.

As part of that work in progress, I would welcome any comments from readers. I write for myself, but part of my motivation is to make readers happy. So, please, buy my books at WWW.RedRosePublishing.com and let me know what you think. I am Spike_Fremont@yahoo.com.

Peace!

Spike

No comments: